About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Early Civil Works Lead in Kampala Uganda.
MISSION / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The mission shall consist in coordinating the Early Civil Works in Uganda for:
-The site prep of 4 construction camps and pipe yards (MCPY), 2 pumping stations (PS)
-Water supply for MCPY’s and PS’s
The position will deputize the Early Civil Works Manager as It will require coordinating several local contractors into the satisfactory execution of the work to deliver the works prior to the mobilization around FID +10 months of the pipeline and stations / terminal main construction contractors. The mission will extend into the coordination of other works after completion of the Early works
The job holder shall undertake all activities she/he is responsible for ensuring that all H3SE requirements are put into consideration during design and construction. You will also handle the day-to-day coordination and contribute to the delivery of the early works civil design, construction activities, water sourcing activities (including drilling activities)
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Follow Early Civil Works (ECW) contracts and coordinate the activities from point of view planning and cost,
- Follow the engineering work the remains to be completed and ensure detailed design of ECW is ready in time to allow the construction work to start.
- Follow the permitting activities and alert in case of blocking issues or delays to get the permits. Assist to prepare the technical dossiers for the permits when needed
- Ensure that permits requirements / conditions are well implemented,
- Liaise with the construction sites on day-to-day basis, collect the information related to HSE, quality, progress and schedule,
- Ensuring H3SE requirements are implemented into the design and construction activities including all mitigation measures as defined as a result of ESIA and bio-diversity management plans.
- Identify the issues and discuss with the package manager to find on time the appropriate mitigations,
- Ensure sites are prepared according to the design dossier and meeting the Project execution Schedule.
- Ensure access roads to the sites are prepared according to the design dossier and meeting the Project Schedule.
- Ensure that water supply to the construction sites is available on time before mobilisation of construction Contractors,
- Ensure that the work is carried out in line with the Local Regulations and Project specifications and assist to obtain derogations for any deviations required.
- To promote 3C E&P: Follow up the activities of Contractor(s) and contribute to optimise costs and achieve value at every opportunity.
- Ensure that daily progress is available for use and input into the overall project planning.
- Contribute to have a good working atmosphere within the project team.
- Externally the position holder will liaise and co-ordinate with the various contractors and local authorities.
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a Civil Engineering
- Experience minimum 5 years in Civil Engineering – roads, bridges, site prep and / or water infrastructure in underdeveloped environments.
- Able to effectively and safely lead a team of contractors and vendors to a successful project outcome. Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-EAN-EARLY CIVIL WORKS LEAD”.
Send your updated cv to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, June 23rd, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.