About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client EACOP, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Regulatory Advisor to work in Kampala.
Reports to: LEGAL MANAGER (n+1); LEGAL DIRECTOR (n+2)
- Direct subordinates (number): 0
- Staff managed (number): 0
As the Regulatory Advisor within the Legal Department will support the regulatory and compliance function of the Company in Uganda including compliance with various regulatory laws and the agreed legal framework for the project. S/he will also be responsible with providing legal support to various technical teams in interpreting and understanding project regulatory and compliance obligations including laws, instruments and various directives from the Government or government authorities in Uganda. His/her focus will be ensuring that the various technical teams understand, apply, and respond correctly, timely and efficiently to all regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to the project and the Company in Uganda
The general function of the Regulatory Advisor is to support the regulatory and compliance function of the Company in Uganda including compliance with various regulatory laws and the agreed legal framework for the project, particularly:
- Prepare regulatory matrix of all statutory obligations of EACOP in Uganda and work with all business units to ensure EACOP is meeting its ongoing obligations.
- Monitor regulatory changes and developments and alert the Legal Director and Uganda Legal Manager of impact on the Company and its activities in Uganda.
- Support the project permitting team to identify and obtain the project authorisations required for the project in Uganda.
- Record, keep and monitor the project authorisations for EACOP in Uganda and prepare a schedule for renewal and a matrix for any conditions attached to the authorisations.
- Assist the business units in meeting any conditions attached to the project authorisations in Uganda.
- Identify and develop rapport with the relevant government units and assist the compliance team in setting meetings with regulatory authorities in Uganda.
- Review all regulatory applications being made by the various business units, provide legal input and support any correspondences with the regulatory authorities in Uganda.
- Coordinate the regulatory compliance aspect within the branch including harmonization of the Company communication to external units and ensuring government communication are channelled to relevant government units in collaboration with the Compliance team
- Develop regulatory templates and forms to streamline the processes for the project team and other business units.
- Coordinate with the government key contact persons within the various government authorities to ensure timely project authorization or permitting activities.
- Carry out regular compliance audits of EACOP and its activities and report to the Uganda Legal Manager.
- Provide any legal input or support required by the Compliance Officer and Internal Auditor.
- Provide any regulatory and compliance input required for the Company Management System.
- Support work permit applications for the Project, if required.
- Undertake such other assignments as requirement in furtherance of the Department’s mandate
Context and Environment
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Limited is a Company registered in United Kingdom with Branches in Uganda and Tanzania. It is currently implementing the EACOP Project in Uganda through its branch EACOP UG Branch which oversees in country activities and day to day hosting of the project in Uganda. The legal and commercial framework for the Project in Uganda has been established in the Uganda Host Government Agreement and enacted through legislation as required. The Final Investment Decision for the Project was taken early this year and the Project is in the development of the construction phase of the project which will see both international companies as contractors to the Company and the in-country activities increasing rapidly. Therefore, a strong, resourceful and reactive legal team will be essential to ensure the project is executed within the agreed legal framework in Uganda and in line with the project schedule
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum Upper Second) in Law.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory bodies and government authorities and working on government-facing matters.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment with high profile conflict risk potentials with partners and/or stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Oil & gas or construction experience or qualifications will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Good communication skills (in English speaking and writing) and strong interpersonal relationship ability.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
Required Software Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-EACOP-RA-REGULATORY ADVISOR”
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday 17th August 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.