About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client EACOP, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced corporate activities planning Engineer to work in Kampala.
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
The Job Holder is responsible for Planning activities mainly relating to Land and Social activities, as well as Environmental
activities in Uganda for EACOP Project. She/He will also support main Corporate activities outside Project Execution and
Regulatory Compliance activities.
Specifically, the Job Holder is responsible for:
- Developing an efficient land acquisition planning management system to assist the Land and Social department in
monitoring this critical phase of the project, , under the instructions and guidance from Land & Social Team
- Developing an efficient Environmental planning management system to assist the Environmental department in monitoring
this critical phase of the project and launching the required studies (e.g ESIA but not limited to)
- Developing an efficient Regulatory Compliance (all the permitting activities required for Construction) planning management system to assist Regulatory Compliance to submit required documentation and obtain required permits during EACOP Project Execution and Start-Up phases.
- Implementing all the means required to ensure the granting of the land to the construction team within the approved project schedule being in full compliance with IFC, HSE and quality standards, business ethics and local governments requirements.
- Elaborating and updating on a very regular basis relevant dashboard that allow close monitoring of the progress.
- Providing Project Management & Corporate Management, including Planning & Performance Team, with insightful reports
that effectively allow early identification of deviation, delay with the documentation issuance and implementation of remediation
plans where required.
The job holder shall control and monitor during the Execution Phase:
- The administrative steps required before the start of the construction (entitlement briefings, compensation agreement…)
- The work performed by the contractors in charge of the replacements housing
- In charge of all schedules and reporting deliverables dealing with the Land and Social, Environmental & Corporate activities
- To ensure identification, tracking and follow-up of land and social, Environmental & Corporate activities. To collect and
consolidate construction progress work, performed by various contractors and consultants, and based in several locations.
- To import all progress data into PRIMAVERA planning (with identification of critical path, clashes, early/late start of activity,
- To develop/maintain any relevant follow up/KPI Dashboards as per Planning & Performance Processes
- Define, implement and follow action plans to improve the Performance of EACOP as per Planning & Performance requirements
- To liaise with EACOP Project Management Team and other Project package planning engineers to provide necessary interface
data and to ensure coherence and consistence
- To attend various weekly, bi-weekly and monthly meeting from Corporate & Project Teams in order to keep track on activities
impacting the corporate planning, as well as to provide feedback to these Teams on Corporate activities
- To edit regular reporting on corporate planning activities, including consolidation of sites reports (weekly and monthly) if
- To work under the supervision of Integrated Planning Lead, and should follow the same method for a proper integration of these
activities within Integrated Planning.
- To be integrated within the Land & Social as well as Environmental Teams for a proper planning follow-up and management.
Trip to the Fields to be expected to understand the various processes and existing challenges.
- To maintain a good and respectful working attitude and good team spirit.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project (Capex: 3.9 G$, OPEX:>2.5G$ over
25 years) between Uganda and Tanzania coast, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. The EACOP project
development comprises of the detailed engineering, construction, operations and maintenance of the corresponding facilities.
The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever
undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment.
East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Company will build, own and operate the EACOP system.
Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced
by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast-track mode.
The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 39 months after FID;
In the current context of low oil price the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development
economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Professional Experience: 10 years in Oil & Gas industry and major CAPEX Projects, with a preference for Onshore Projects /
- Experience in Land Acquisition and/or Environmental activities is a plus
- Experience in similar position: 5+ years in same or connected position, understanding of Field Activities
- Perfect knowledge of Primavera requested and is a must
- Good experience in MS-Office and experience in Power BI is a plus
- Level / Bachelor Degree, Engineer, or equivalent, or at least, strong ability to understand Technical Issues
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions
- Team spirit and adaptability to an international work context
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment and coordinating various expertise/disciplines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-EACOP-CAP-CORPORATE ACTIVITIES PLANNING ENGINEER”.
The deadline for applications is not later than 9:00 am, Tuesday, June 28th, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.