About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator to work in Uganda.
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project (Capex: 4.1 G$, OPEX:>2.5G$ over 25 years) between Uganda and Tanzania coast, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. The EACOP project development comprises of the detailed engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of the corresponding facilities. The project anticipates the mobilization of ~8,000 to 10,000 personnel across the various construction sites.
The stakeholder engagement coordinator has the overall responsibility of the definition and implementation of EACOP Uganda stakeholder engagement plan through the deployment of more than 25 stakeholder engagement officers.
In charge of EACOP Uganda Stakeholder Engagement plan she/he shall:
- Develop and implement EACOP Uganda Stakeholder Engagement plan in alignment with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance standards (PS), in compliance with Uganda regulatory framework and EACOP operational schedule;
- Proceed on a regular basis to the update of the Stakeholder engagement plan and of the stakeholders mapping associated
- Identify Key Performance Indicators to ensure proper performance of the stakeholder engagement plan and report to her/his management on regular basis and propose improvement measures, when required;
- Coordinate a field team of more than 25 people (community relations supervisor, grievance officers, socio-economic investment officers, vulnerability officers and community liaison officers) and proceed to recruitment when required
- Ensure the compliance of the field work with EACOP HSE rules and procedures;
- Ensure information disclosure, consultation and negotiation activities are put in place to ensure Project Affected People, Communities, Regional and local authorities’ meaningful participation to company’s plans and actions;
- Develop messaging for each operation, to be validated by management;
- Ensure the consistency of the work of the field personnel, support them and report any malfunctions;
- Train and coach stakeholder engagement team to comply with the company requirements (gender integration, reporting, engagement best practices…);
- Ensure proper functioning of the grievance mechanism procedure: from promotion to resolution and report on weekly basis;
- Produce a daily/weekly/monthly report to record all stakeholder engagements, stakeholder concerns and expectations (to be integrated within Borealis system);
- Ensure specific engagement is established for vulnerable people;
- Engage with regional authorities when required;
- Organize all field team administrative process (timesheets, requests…);
- Engage with the security team on regular basis (reporting of events, identification of potential issues).
Context and Environment:
The job holder works under the supervision of EACOP Uganda Social Head. The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSE rules & requirements and for implementing and controlling HSE rules for all planning related activities. She/he shall be positioned in EACOP Kampala Office.
- Ensure that Stakeholder Engagement Activities and plans are aligned with IFC Ps and compliant with Uganda regulatory framework and EACOP Company Management System
- Ensure all field activities are done in compliance with EACOP Uganda HSE rules and regulations
- Deploy stakeholder engagement activities and deliverables in line with EACOP Uganda operational schedule
- Provide clear reporting on stakeholder engagement activities and integration within Borealis
- Ensure performance of the grievance mechanism
|Qualifications and required experience:|
| Professional experience:
Fluent in English (speaking, writing)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-EAC-SEC-STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR”.
Application Link: https://qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com/apply/MpCdpa0men/QSSUEACSECSTAKEHOLDER-ENGAGEMENT-COORDINATOR
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, September 29th, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.