About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Tax Manager to work in Uganda.
The Tax Manager is responsible for all tax operations including tax planning and strategy transfer pricing and other tax policies and procedures.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Strategy and Projects
- Research and develop tax-saving strategies and develop recommendations
- Assist in the development and implementation of tax strategies
- Plan, direct, and execute various tax projects
- Participate in due diligence and structuring related to new openings, mergers and acquisitions and divestitures
- Review and control state and federal returns for companies within the organization.
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise on tax-related issues to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Review the application and interpretation of the country’s tax code and their implementation
- Stay updated on international tax laws and provide expert knowledge to concerned stakeholders
- Review internal controls for accuracy and compliance with the country’s tax code
- Facilitate resolution of tax audit exercises within the operating jurisdiction
- Guide the financial planning department to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions and support reflecting tax calculations in the finance models
- Provide support in order to minimize tax risks associated with business operations and dealings
- Assist the company in reaching its goals through audit, tax, advisory, and risk assessment and provide recommendations based on the gained information
- Proposes to Department Head the yearly budget for relevant area and ensures the respect of the approved budget
Record keeping and Reporting
- Ensure the company’s annual earnings, expenditures, and investments are reported with accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile tax data on financial statements
- Track income and assets taxes
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and providing constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of an annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of the client’s retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to train on system usage
- Time management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce / Economics / Finance
- Certification as a CA, CPA, CTA
- 5+ years in a Tax department
- 2+ years in retail business is preferred
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-CRF–TM-Tax Manager”.
Click on the link below to apply:
The deadline for applications is no later than 05:00 pm, Friday, September 23rd, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.