About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Building Tomorrow, we are looking for a suitable, competent and skilled Director Of Operations to work in Uganda.
Building Tomorrow, an international social-profit organization galvanizing communities to support thriving schools in underserved areas in East Africa is seeking an exceptional, values-aligned Director of Operations (DOO). As DOO, you will provide overall leadership and management for the organization. You should be a master of management and leadership, who can learn Building Tomorrow’s programs and ethos, and apply your expertise to fit the evolving environment.
You will directly supervise at least seven staff and oversee large components of the organization’s $3m annual budget. By 2024, your operations team will enable the enrollment 100,000 out-of-school children, the development of an Inclusive Education strategy at more than 2,000 schools, and support the work of more than 300 Building Tomorrow Fellows, serving in districts across Uganda. You will lead staff management and human resources systems, finance, and operations for the organization. You will also co-lead the strategic planning alongside the Director of Programs. You will serve as a member of the senior leadership team. The DOO reports to the Country Director.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow’s mission is to equip communities to support universal access to inclusive, quality education. More information can be found online at: www.buildingtomorrow.org
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides overall leadership for day-to-day operations and management functions.
- Oversees the finance team, ensuring budget creation and execution is inclusive, comprehensive, and functional.
- Oversees the operations structure that enables programming excellence and efficiency, leading effective cooperation with programming colleagues, and ensuring financial and operational compliance with grant and donor agreements.
- Ensures timely troubleshooting, data-informed pivots in strategy and implementation – ensures teams are working in harmony toward the same goal, and with the same ethos.
- Ability to link your career and skill set directly with the behaviors (listed below) and skills Building Tomorrow is seeking in the ideal candidate
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, plus 8 years of progressively increasing work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of executive team leadership in any diverse and dynamic sector (successful applicants will illustrate how strong leadership skills have been developed and put effectively to use in their field)
- Demonstrated success in managing teams, organizational finance and operations, as well as strategic planning
- Familiarity with rural community development, mission-based organizations, the Ugandan education sector, and/or the international development space a plus
- First-rate English communication skills, both oral and written, with a keen attention to detail, plus native fluency in at least one Ugandan language
- Willingness to travel significantly in Uganda, and occasionally internationally
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-BT-DOO-Director Of Operations”.
Click on the link to apply:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.