About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Cost Accountant to work in Uganda.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that the costing unit of the company is managed to the highest standards of business and compliance. The job holder will make an essential contribution to the success of the Accounts office by carrying out the day-to-day financial costing transactions; aiming to work and inform the pricing and profit margins of the business. He/ she will bare the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that costs are constantly managed according to best practice, and in compliance with company accounting policies and laws of the Republic of Uganda. In addition, the Cost Accountant shall serve as the cashier, manage reception and offer customer care to walk in customers as well as attend to calls both internally and externally.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization.
- Create and maintain proper files for both soft and hard copies especially for imports
- Receive and file all documents relating to all imported and local raw materials and re-cost especially imports.
- Manage the archive of financial records, ensuring that documentation can be easily retrieved as required.
Make timely and accurate cost assessments according to the Finance and Accounting policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Receive customer order inquiries and liaise with the Workshop Manager or any designated technical staff to assess the requirements necessary for any particular job.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings
- Use the latest updated material/ service cost list and derive the cost price of the job using the appropriate cost method.
- Communicate the cost price to the Marketing Manager who shall advise of profit margin percentage to apply.
- Issue quotation to customer and pursue Local Purchase Order (LPO)
- On receipt of LPO, issue green map for production to commence.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs for every finished product/service
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits by way of a variance analysis between the actual cost and earlier estimated cost per job then issue report.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Reconcile beginning raw materials, Work in Progress and finished goods
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in Accounting or a related field
- At least level 2 CPA
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Accountant in a busy environment, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent knowledge and use of Accounting software like QuickBooks.
- Microsoft office skills
- Administration skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-ABN-CAC-Cost Accountant”.
Follow the link below to apply;
Deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Friday, 4th November 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.