Website Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Field Engineering Lead.
EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabaale – Hoima in Uganda to the Chongoleani peninsula near Tanga port in Tanzania.
Worley will support EACOP partners led by international French company TotalEnergies, through the execution and delivery of the project.
The field engineering lead will work to develop and maintain a successful field engineering team. The Field Engineering Lead will work with the Engineering Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring the construction management team are supported by engineering during the construction / execution phase. Field Engineering Lead will be the focal point for the interface between the Engineering Group and the construction group. They are the liaison for CONTRACTORs delivering construction of the pipeline, AGI and main storage terminal scope.
They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project referenced HSE regulations and standards.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the Engineering Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring the construction management team are supported by engineering during the construction / execution phase.
- They will be the focal point for the interface between the Engineering Group and the construction group, whilst assisting the delivery managers in solving technical problems that may arise during project execution and for interfacing/supporting the other disciplines.
- Develop and manage the as-built procedure for the project, directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORs ensuring delivery of the pipeline and associated AGI, EITS and MST facilities are on-time and to budget
- Assist the delivery managers for solving technical problems arising during project execution and for interfacing/supporting the other disciplines
- Develop and manage the as-built procedure for the project Directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORs ensuring delivery of the pipeline and associated AGI, EITS and MST facilities are on-time and to budget.
- Implement, use and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites.
- Work within a multi-cultural business framework and provide ethical and compliant support.
- Mentor exemplary behaviour regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Proven experience within EPMC industry or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery;
- Provide on the job training and coaching to local content personnel, liaising either directly or indirectly with training providers to ensure training is provided and performance monitoring of such;
- Competency within industry applications such as Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil/Electrical)
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience required in Oil & Gas Pipeline construction projects with a further of 5 years in similar position as field engineering lead in projects of similar scale and complexity
- Excellent communications skills, with a high level of safety awareness
- Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
- An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires);
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome
- A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
- Excellent teamwork & skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
- Strong Team Building, Development and Mentoring skills
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26th March 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.