QSST-EALS – PORT SUPERVISOR.
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Port Supervisor.
Reporting To: Port Operations Manager.
- Coordination of port operations activities.
- Ensure that all activities performed by EALS are aligned with HSE requirements and alert the Port Operations about any security and safety concerns.
- Manage truck flow within the port area.
- Coordinate C&F activities and ensure smooth interactions between C&F activities, truck movements, and lifting operations performed by TPA or subcontractor.
- Ensure that subcontractor comply with EALS lifting procedure and alert on subcontractor’s deviations.
- Ensure daily submission of work plan to the Operations manager for approval.
- Ensure that the team on site meet performance targets.(HSE, Lead time: speed of loading, speed of trucks release, speed of documentation collection, speed of cargo inspection in PTS etc.)
- Allocate daily duties to respective port operation clerks.
- Coordinate clearing activities at the port: Coordination of Cargo inspection with Customs, collection of thirdparty receipts for delivered files to be sent to Head office within 12 hours of document issuance, Custom release order etc.)
- Handle and Resolve all Customs Dispute that arise during customs inspection.
- Provide regular updates (at least 4 times daily) on port release status to the Control Tower team (non-pipe items) and the Land Transport team (FBE pipe activities).
- Coordinate truck movement of FBE pipes shunting trucks with the Shunting Coordinator Officers.
- Ensuring that truck inspections are carried out before cargo is loaded.
- Ensure that the tracking software is used properly for all cargo delivery. (Link Mobile and PTS).
- Participate to all safety training as required.
- Adhere to all HSE requirements of the project.
- Any other work that may be assigned by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree or equivalent in Logistics or any other relevant field.
- Diploma or above in Shipping, Port Management, Transport & Logistics, or any other related discipline.
- Certificate in Customs from Institute of Tax Administration.
- .At least 7 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding
- 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level.
- Computer skills: Office, internet, email.
- Dedication to customers’ service.
- Natural Leader.
- Team player.
- Problem Solver
- Relentless curiosity
- Ability to drive a team to work to a common goal
- Good Communicator
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the link below not later than 03rd JUNE 2023.
For further clarifications call 0692 961 040
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.