QSST-EALS – CUSTOMS DECLARANT SUPERVISOR.
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Customs Declarant supervisor.
Reporting To : Control Tower Manager
Control of the quality of customs declaration input with objective having zero litigation. Provide first point of contact to support query resolution and guidance for the declaration personnel. The role involves completing customs entry requirements according to customers’ requests, whilst adhering to and complying with company and external authority customs requirements and legislation.
- Provide regular training for customs declaration.
- Monitor and implement all new regulations
- Liaise with COMs to ensure that declarant officers support the business efficiently and have the right technical capabilities.
- Identify opportunities to optimize procedures to maximize synergies, utilize resources and always remain compliant.
- Liaise with customers (internal or external where necessary) to request clearance instructions and information required to complete the customs .declarations prior to shipping.
- Audit and provide guidance on the documentation requirements to ensure all data sets required for customs clearance are accurate and complete.
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all customs issue and litigation.
- Validate declarations prior to submission.
- Ensure compliance of standard operating procedures for Customs
- Ensure assessments are obtained timely.
- Ensure entries are lodged with Customs through the relevant system such as TANCIS/TSWS on time.
- Maintain excellent relationship with customs to make sure that our documents are received and processed in time.
- In charge of the customs risk management (all suspense regimes including transit).
- Actively engage in finding continuous improvements initiatives to create efficiency in the declaration process and team.
Ensure the invoicing procedures and policies are up to date.
- Adhere to all HSE requirements of the project.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Customs and Tax Management.
- ITA Diploma / Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Certificate in East African Customs Clearing and Freight Forwarding Practice would be an added advantage.
- Highly conversant with Tanzania Customs Integrated System (i.e. TANCIS/TSWS).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar role.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Good listener with the ability to understand situations from other perspectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- High customer service orientation with a passion for delivering quality.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Honest and possess a high level of integrity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and adapt working day around issues that need to be resolved.
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: email@example.com or the link below not later than 03rd JUNE 2023.
For further clarifications call 0692 961 040
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.