Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Senior Contract Engineer.
The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24 in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment; Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast-track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready for Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID; The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing. In the current context of low oil price, the project needs to be developed with low CAPEX & OPEX to support the development economics and enable FID while maintaining the technical quality of the installations, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
The Job Holder is responsible for:
- Preparation of the strategy for the follow-up of all Contracts during the execution phase of EACOP project
- Manage CFT for specific Project Packages and Contracts including issuance of CFT, negotiation and contracts administration.
- Support in the implementation of the day to day contracts management tools for both reporting and tracking
- To provide the relevant inputs for the weekly/monthly Contracts/Change Order reports
- Contribute to preparation, analysis, update and follow up of the C&P planning
- Coordination with the contracts engineer for KPI and benchmarking exercises
To coordinate, prepare and manage, as necessary, the whole contracting process – for contracts to be placed during the Execution Phase – in compliance with EACOP and Project procedures and with due respect to approved schedule and milestones. This includes:
- Coordination and preparation of tendering dossiers (technical Exhibits, General and Particular specifications), the launching of CFTs, the management of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the issue of final Recommendations to Award.
- Preparation / coordination of the final set of contractual / commercial / technical documentation for these contracts.
- Preparation and follow-up of the associated Commitment process (with registering in EACOP tools (still to be implemented…).
- Preparation for signature of the contracts
- To contractually and commercially manage the awarded Contracts and liaise actively with relevant technical specialists for the technical management of Contractors.
- To manage the process associated with contractual and commercial changes (changes orders) according to Change Order Procedure and Delegation of Authorities in force, coordinate requests for technical changes and follow-up related approval process.
- To participate, for the contracts in charge, in the development of Project Budget and subsequent revisions (as requested) according to actual expenditure versus planned budget, potential changes…
- As a general manner, to manage all contractual and commercial activities related to Contracts he is in charge of, up to close-out, in the frame and with respect to procedural obligations as per Agreements with Uganda & Tanzanian Authorities, Decrees and Laws in force, Partners Agreement and in strict compliance of delegation of authorities and associated Contract and Procurement procedures.
- To timely report to the Contract and Procurement Manager, assisting her/him, as required, in communication with Project Management, and highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
- To ensure confidentiality of all the contractual and commercial documentation produced (whatever its support).
- To have knowledge of EACOP Company Rules and Specifications (CR’s/GS’s), Project Procedures, etc. related to Contract and Procurement and their application to the Project.
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard to ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position
- Integrate all elements of the project pertaining to his activities with utmost respect for the environmental and societal situation, also ensuring contractual risk during execution phase are minimized and monitored.
- Ensuring highest level of contractual protection possible for Company on the contractual vis a vis the Contractor
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Law, Commercial or Engineering, ideally with a post-graduate qualification in a complementary discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large-scale projects & environment.
- Technical Competencies: Broad Contracts and Project experience (both commercial and contractual). Comprehensive knowledge of the C&P process
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29th August 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open to both Local and Experts.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcing.com.