Website Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Legal Advisor, Tanzania.
The Legal Advisor will be responsible for assisting the Legal Manager (Tanzania), the Legal Director on the timely provision of advice, opinions or legal directives whether in written or oral form and provide legal support to the various business units within the Company including land, environmental, labour and employment matters and general administrative matters including assuring the general compliance of the Tanzanian Branch with various laws. Legal Advisor role also includes assisting the Legal Department to protect the interest of the Branch from any legal liability and, as necessary, to provide legal defenses in cases filed against or brought by the Company or where necessary participate in assisting the external counsel in building the case file and coordination of the internal defense strategy.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Limited is a Company registered in United Kingdom with Branches in Uganda and Tanzania. It is currently implementing the EACOP Project in Tanzania through its branch EACOP TZ Branch which oversees in country activities and day to day hosting of the project in Tanzania. The legal and commercial framework for the Project in Tanzania has been established in the Tanzania Host Government Agreement and enacted through legislation as required. The Final Investment Decision for the Project was taken early this year and the Project is in the development of the construction phase of the project which will see both international companies as contractors to the Company and the in-country activities increasing rapidly. Therefore, a strong, resourceful and reactive legal team will be essential to ensure project is executed within the agreed legal framework in Tanzania and in line with the project schedule.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Prepare, draft and review contracts, documents and correspondences relating to land acquisition, compensation payments and ancillary arrangement relating to the project land in Tanzania.
- Monitor, manage and record all disputes, grievances, claims or legal issues relating to the land acquisition in Tanzania and report the same to the Tanzania Legal Manager.
- Prepare contract summaries of the project agreements and assist the Tanzania Legal Manager in training the different business units within the Company.
- Monitor legislative and government developments changes which may have an impact on the Project activities in Tanzania.
- Track the Branch changes and any changes in EACOP UK and communicate the same timely to the Registrar of Companies in Tanzania and ensure the Tanzanian Branch is statutorily update to date and compliant.
- Assist the Tanzania Legal Manager to provide advice and opinions on the interpretation and application/enforcement of domestic laws and regulations to the activities of the Company in Tanzania.
- Assist the Tanzania Legal Manager is dispute resolution and judicial proceedings in which EACOP TZ may be a party.
- Monitor the implementation of Company policies and procedures and report to the Tanzania Legal Manager.
- Assist the Tanzania Legal Manager in all government-facing activities and interactions.
- Undertake such other assignments as requirement in furtherance of the Department’s mandate.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum Upper Second) in Law.
- Admitted as an advocate in the High Court of Tanzania and qualified to practice in Tanzania.
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience in a commercial law firm in Tanzania, with experience working on international projects and with international clients. Experience in dealing with land, commercial, employment, litigation matters and government-facing activities, with an ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment with high profile conflict risk potentials with partners and/or stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Oil & gas experience or qualifications will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he can take ownership of the job responsibilities and hold themselves accountable for their successful completion.
- Good communication skills (in English speaking and writing) and strong interpersonal relationship ability
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Required Software Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Fluent in English, (speaking, writing)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th August 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040
To apply for this job please visit qsourcihttps.