Website Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Land and Resettlement Coordinator (RAP Implementation).
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project comprises 1445 kms of heated crude oil pipeline from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga in Tanzania arriving at a marine storage terminal and offloading facility. The permanent acquisition of approximately 4000 hectares of land in 8 Regions and 27 District Councils, Town Councils and City Councils in Tanzania is being finalized. In some areas additional resettlement planning is required due to footprint changes. The land acquisition process will result in economic and/or physical displacement of some affected stakeholders. The Land and Resettlement Coordinator will form part of the EACOP Resettlement Implementation team responsible for coordinating, implementing and monitoring of resettlement implementation activities for physically and economically impacted stakeholders. The Land and Resettlement Coordinator will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travel to the field.
The Land and Resettlement Implementation Coordinator is responsible for:
- Developing a detailed understanding of the RAPs, strategy for replacement land acquisition for physically and economically displaced PAPs for the Priority Areas and Pipeline
- Supporting implementation of the RAPs, procedures and processes for land acquisition, compensation and resettlement
- Monitoring and supporting the management of RAP Implementation Contractor/s to ensure they fulfil valuation services associated with identification and securing of replacement land, ensuring that all required agricultural and residential land is identified, surveyed, valued and purchased
- Support the development of replacement land tracking metrics and monitoring KPIs to achieve the above
- Support Compensation Coordinator to monitor and ensure payment of compensation into PAP bank accounts is completed
- Support and monitor the physical and economic relocation process, ensuring that RAP Implementation Contractor/s follow outlined relocation plans
- Conduct regular monitoring of PAPs waiting to be relocated and ensure their situation is stable, identify any risks and report to management
- Support monitoring activities for vulnerable PAPs, PAPs in temporary accommodation, PAPs receiving transitional support and identify any potential risks in these activities
- Support Compensation Agreements lead with management and archiving of all signed hardcopy documents resulting from replacement land purchase
- In conjunction with Compensation Coordinator and Livelihood Restoration Coordinator ensure that all data and documents related to the transfer of Right of Occupancy (ROO) of replacement land has been properly recorded and deposited into the Project Data System
- Support field-based teams in engagement with relevant regional, district, local authorities and affected communities to keep them informed and ensure their support for land acquisition and resettlement
- Ensuring all engagement messaging is consistent with the overall stakeholder engagement plan and resettlement activities
- Support field teams in the formation, coordination and management of resettlement committees
- Lead and coordinate the development of resettlement related engagement and disclosure material and messaging to keep affected PAPs informed of resettlement implementation activities
- Support, as necessary, regular monitoring of PAPs waiting to be relocated and ensure their situation is stable, identify any risks and report to management
- Support field team and contractors and monitor issuance of Notices of Intention to Acquire and Notices to Vacate, in liaison with relevant Authorities
- Interface with Grievance Administrator and field based Grievance Coordinators to ensure that resettlement implementation grievances are captured and resolved, ensure that all related data in captured in the EACOP data tool
- Complete weekly dashboards of progress across all resettlement implementation activities as directed by the Compensation Agreements Lead
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly progress reports as required by the Compensation Agreements Lead
- The Land and Resettlement Coordinator will play a key role in supporting and coordinating RAP Implementation teams and activities The Land and Resettlement Coordinator is expected to interface with all departments within the Land and TOTAL Classification: Restricted Distribution TOTAL – All rights reserved Social department, wider EACOP organisation and Resettlement Implementation Contractor/s as necessary.
- The Land and Resettlement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating key resettlement implementation activities including replacement land acquisition, issuing of notices and aspects of engagement such as the formation of resettlement committees
- The Land and Resettlement Coordinator will ensure that the Resettlement Implementation components are completed in compliance of the IFC Performance standards
- Advanced Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Valuation, Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences or a related discipline
- A minimum of 10 -15 years of professional experience in working with rural communities in Tanzania
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in Resettlement Implementation and Livelihoods Restoration
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement within rural communities in Tanzania
- Professional experience of investor international financing standards requirements for land acquisition
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including, local communities and local government authorities
- Proven ability to multitask and work independently
- Willingness to work in the field essential
- Excellent and proven data management skills and attention to detail required
- Excellent computer and analytical skills required
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Swahili essential
How to apply
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th September 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Locals only
For any further clarifications call 0692961040 or 0692916242
To apply for this job please visit qsourcing.com.