Website Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Biodiversity Coordinator -Terrestrial.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Job Holder will be responsible for the following;
To support EACOP corporate entity and interfaces with the Project team and holds the umbrella contracts for environment and biodiversity services and develops and monitors the terrestrial environment and biodiversity strategy and works with Project HSE to ensure integration into the contractor plans.
The Biodiversity Coordinator-Terrestrial will be conducting the following specific activities
- Support the development and implementation of the EACOP environmental and biodiversity commitments in accordance with national legislation, international standards, and Lender/Partner requirements
- Implement and support the development of environmental action plans to ensure compliance to local laws, regulations and permit requirements and conformance to IFC & Equator principles
- Coordinate the implementation of environmental components of the EIMS
- Support the Head of Environment with the affiliate terrestrial environment and biodiversity monitoring strategy, KPIs and detailed monitoring work plans for physical environment, biodiversity, and cumulative impacts monitoring plan
- Coordinate, conduct and support environment audit activities, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in the development of the EACOP environmental culture
Environmental Studies & Stakeholder Engagement
- Support the development, completion, and reviews of ESIAs, Project Briefs and ESMPs for EACOP covering engineering, construction, operations, and de-commissioning phases for the terrestrial component of EACOP
- Participate in the engagement with regulatory agencies to obtain necessary environmental permits and approvals for all activities.
Team Participation & Development
- Support the Head of Environment with the development & implementation of the Biodiversity Strategy, terrestrial Net Gain Program, Climate & CFR strategy
- Work with the Head of Environment on the development onshore Oil Spill Preparedness and Response
- Support supervision of the field officers working in Environment and Biodiversity team.
- Responsible for the terrestrial component of environment regulatory permits, environmental baseline studies, physical baseline monitoring, implementation of ESIAs, biodiversity studies and monitoring, roll out of biodiversity programs and Net Gain, pollution control, data management, emissions forecasting, energy efficiency, carbon footprint reduction & biodiversity management
- Lead EACOP support for environmental studies, MoCs required for project activities
- Center of environmental expertise for EACOP
Professional experience: Master’s degree or equivalent in an environment, sustainability, or science related discipline.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience with time spent supporting projects and operations within extractive industry.
Technical competencies: Familiarity with the IFC & Equator Principles (IV). Experienced in coordinating and supporting environmental and biodiversity strategies. In depth technical knowledge and experience in application of good international industry practice.
Behavioural competencies: Ability to work in a multi-cultural business setting and excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential.
Fluent in English, (speaking, writing)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSST-Biodiversity Coordinator-Terrestrial-Tanzania and send their CVs/Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, 09th February 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This position is for both locals and expatriates.
For any further clarifications call 0692961040 or 0692916242
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
Not the job you were looking for? Want to be considered for opportunities that you’re your qualifications?
Please click the link below to officially register your CV on our Talent Register for consideration. http://bit.do/QSourcingCV
To apply for this job please visit qsourcing.com.