Company Name: UDL
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Grade: UD 4
Department: Procurement and Logistics
Section: Procurement and Logistics
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
The incumbent will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of Instructions, Regulations and Rules which govern UDL management of resources related to procurement and logistics operations in the company. S/he will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services and contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement management.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
I. Key Responsibilities
- Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistical actions within UDL, including Property and Assets Control, Supply, Service/Maintenance, Contractual agreements, management of stocks, Common Transport Services (CTS) support to UDL staff and Administration of UDL Logistics
- Liaise with user departments regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; generate reports for procurement reporting as necessary, propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures
- Assume the role as Procurement officer including procurement planning, sourcing for suppliers, contractors, and consultants using appropriate and cost effective procurement approach in compliance with UDL’s Procurement and Procedures Manual, Review the bids/quotations and prepare evaluation reports for the Procurement and Logistics Manager’s approval, draft contracts and purchase orders, ensure and maintain a proper filing system for all procurement operations, ensure diligent contract administration for the Goods, Works and Services contracts.
- Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs of UDL.
- Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the organizations best interests with the approval of the immediate supervisor.
- Solicit bids, quotations, tender documents, oversee bidding process & provide support for all procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements, conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders with authorization of the Procurement & Logistics Manager.
- Follow-up on contracts, purchase orders status, and keep user-departments abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected Goods, Works and Services are received in accordance with the Contract or Purchase Order specifications, and that all Goods are in good condition, the Works have been duly completed and handed over and the Services and have been delivered to the satisfaction of the User-Departments.
- In close collaboration with the UDL Finance Department, ensure that appropriate funds are available before purchase and file copies of payments document with the relevant procurement file.
- Prepare property purchase contract, lease contracts and rental agreements in coordination with Legal Department; ensure that Finance Department is aware of contractual terms and conditions. Monitors owner’s compliance to contractual agreements; when identified in the leases, coordinate for payment of utilities
- Ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in UDL’s best interest, regularly upgrade inventory list.
- Direct and supervise stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; Control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment
- Ensure safe running condition of all UDL fleet, and transportation of UDL staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according to the Vehicle Log Book, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions
- Ensure major and minor maintenance according regular service schedule for all UDL vehicles; monitor consumable spare parts requirements to replenish them in a timely manner.
- Manage, Train and supervise staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities
- Design and conduct market surveys to meet requirements for contingency planning, including status/capacity on vendors, supplies and availability/quality. Under the supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Manager, coordinate with the user-departments on the strategic planning for procurement and logistic needs
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
II. Decision Making/ Job Influence
The role is responsible for making the decisions for self regarding performance of duties and responsibilities
III. Working Conditions
The role operates under normal working conditions
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills). Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in the aforementioned fields of study with Five (5) years of professional work experience;
- Master’s Degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Procurement, Legal, Engineering, Business Administration, Management, Logistics, or any other related discipline, and an equivalent combination of training is an added Advantage
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Registered with the Association of Procurement Professionals of Rwanda will be an added advantage
- Having SAP Business One Certification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of UMUCYO E-Procurement System of Rwanda will be an added advantage
- Experience in contract drafting and Administration will be an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required
Two (2) years of progressive responsible experience in emergency logistics operations and experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Client Orientation
- Organisational skills
- Keen to detail
- Team player
How to apply: All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply under the job vacancy “QSSR- UDL- P&LO – PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER”.
Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, 14th November, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.