COMPANY NAME: SONARWA LIFE
JOB TITLE: LEGAL AND COMPANY SECRETARY
SONARWA Life Assurance Company Limited (SONARWA LIFE) a public Limited Liability company registered under the laws of Rwanda and licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda to transact the business of Life Assurance & Pension management is looking to recruit a competent & experience person to take on the role of Legal and Company Secretary
- Monitor compliance with the legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all the laws that govern the business
- Draft and vet routine legal contracts to ensure compliance with the set regulations, and to ensure timeliness in the provision of contract management services for the business
- Provide legal expertise as required to user departments in a timely manner and within the set legal policies and procedures to ensure decisions arrived do not expose the business to risk
- Represent the Company on litigation cases that may arise to ensure that Company interests are protected
- Provide legal advice to senior management on litigation cases arising from the recoveries in order to protect the interests of the Company
- Supervise the provision of service by external legal consultants to ensure delivery of quality and timely legal services
- Provide legal advice to company on all matters on the law especially in relation to insurance including reviewing legal documentation to ensure compliance to set rules and Standards and effective management of legal risks
- Draft Standard contracts and specialized contracts for specific activities within the Company for review by the Head of Legal and Negotiate contracts to which the company is a party
- Oversee company Legal documentation and third-party contracts and ensure that they are properly and promptly executed.
- Continuously monitor and report changes to applicable statutes and regulations on compliance risk
- Prepare legal cases in conjunction with external counsel and monitor progress to ensure prompt resolution of all disputes.
- Review newly instituted matters in relation to financial services and in specific insurance and advise management on what their expectations are
- Research and interpret regulatory requirements of new Insurance products and/or services
- Provide assistance to the operational areas with day-to-day regulatory Insurance compliance issues to the entire Company team
- Provide continuous Legal education and training to relevant departments on legal issues to ensure adherence and compliance to the set regulations
- Assist with handling more complex Insurance regulatory compliance issues facing the company team
- Keep current on national requirements regarding Insurance and communicate issues and new statutory developments to executive team.
- Receive final ruling and ensures it is captured, necessary actions taken and properly filed for future reference.
- Maintain safe custody of the insurance instruments and documents such as organization seal, charged documents and suit papers, and ensure confidentiality and privacy of all legal data of the business.
- Coordinate company matters that include Board agendas, Board papers and minutes, board annual planner, board charter, as well as induction of new board members, to ensure the board is effectively and efficiently facilitated to deliver on its mandate;
- Advise the board on legal matter to ensure that the decision that arrived at the board level do not expose the business to preventable legal risks;
- Maintain the statutory registers and secretarial files to ensure confidentiality, safekeeping from loss and tear ,ease in retrieval, as well as accuracy and completeness of information;
- Prepare and file annual returns in line with the provided guidelines to ensure the company is full compliant;
- Serve in various committees in the business as required by law to ensure expertise is provided;
- Register all patents and logos for the business to ensure full protection of the company intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, a master’s degree in law/professional qualification in a related field would be an advantage.
- Minimum experience of five (5) years of managerial experience in the areas of legal and company secretarial function in financial institution’s field.
- Qualified lawyer and admitted to legal practice.
- Company secretarial skills and stakeholder management.
- Strong Technical Skills in Compliance, Contract negotiation and management skills.
- Excellent draft skills with legal flair for various agreements, MOUs, Undertaking, etc;
- Integrity, professional discretion, and ability to handle confidential matters.
- Strong leadership skills and Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda with excellent writing and oral.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, DECEMBER 31st, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.