COMPANY NAME: SONARWA LIFE
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF RISK AND COMPLIANCE
SONARWA Life Assurance Company Limited (SONARWA LIFE) a public Limited Liability company registered under the laws of Rwanda and licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda to transact the business of Life Assurance & Pension management is looking to recruit a competent & experience person to take on the role of Head of Risk and Compliance
- Guide the Board to develop and implement a Risk and Compliance Framework to ensure adherence to ethical and regulatory standards
- Develop internal policies relating to Anti Money Laundering within and oversee their implementation to ensure full compliance with international, regional and local regulation and legislation;
- Develop a risk management and compliance culture across the organisation to support the implementation and effective operation of the company;
- Review the compliance of the business with regulatory and supervisory requirements as well as internal policies;
- Advise departments and management on the regulatory implications of future business strategies and activities to mitigate against possible risks;
- Lead due diligence reviews and reporting on the outcome of Anti Money Laundering risk assessments to ensure that remedial action is taken and a record of the same is developed;
- Develop risk management and compliance guidance materials, controls, training resources and internal procedures manual for use by staff;
- Develop business continuity plans and provide appropriate status reports to the Board and Management;
- Build the required risk management and compliance skills and ensure training of the board is carried out to provide a more effective management of risk;
- Represent the Company in industry associations on matters related to risk, compliance and ethics and in interactions with regulators to keep up to date with changes in the industry;
- Drive and embed appropriate risk culture across through continuous communication programs and appropriate training;
- Work with the Head of IT to access the risk of technology and development of relevant mitigation measures;
- Assign duties and oversee activities of staff in the Compliance Department to ensure efficient service delivery and achievement of the department’s mandate; and
- Conduct the hiring, training, and performance evaluation of compliance staff in liaison with Human Resource department to ensure that the staff carrying out their duties in an effective and satisfactory manner that is contributing to the overall business objectives.
- Master’s or equivalent in risk management, actuarial science, audit, finance, accounting, economics, business or public administration or related field;
- Possess professional certificate in risk management and compliance will be an added value;
- Minimum 5 years of progressively relevant professional work experience in risk management, compliance, policy development, training and capacity building or related field, of which preferably 3 years acquired in managerial position;
- Ability to define work goals and attain them;
- Strong analytical skills with capacity to innovate/create;
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements;
- Client oriented with ability to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions;
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) frameworks system;
- Very good written and oral command of the English language;
- Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, DECEMBER 31st, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.