The Area Manager will support the effective implementation of VIRCA Deployment Program (Seed System Development Component) in Rwanda to achieve project targets and results in line with MEDA’s development approach. This position will be based in Kigali with travel to targeted cassava-growing regions within the country.
- Support seed system assessments aimed at increasing understanding of the status quo, capacity gaps, constraints, and opportunities in the country.
- Work collaboratively with RAB/RAB Seed Unit to improve their business capacity for the production of Early Generation Seed (EGS).
- Facilitate market linkages for RAB/RAB Seed Unit to supply demand-driven quality cassava planting materials on a commercial basis.
- In collaboration with RICA, IITA, and other seed system actors, facilitate development/refinement and implementation of cassava seed protocols to ensure quality assurance of cassava planting materials.
- Facilitate identification and capacity building of selected Cooperatives, Cassava Seed Entrepreneurs/Enterprises (CSEs) in commercial seed production while ensuring inclusivity
- Develop and implement a robust capacity development program targeting key cassava seed system actors including but not limited to RICA, RAB/RAB Seed Unit, INGABO, and CSEs.
- Develop/refine training manuals on commercial seed production as well as other relevant modules including gender and social inclusion.
- Support marketing of CSEs products and facilitate strong linkages between CSEs and root farmers
- Facilitate registration of CSEs with relevant government agencies and ensure compliance with existing seed quality protocols
- Provide backstopping, coaching, and mentorship to selected CSEs.
- Create strong partnerships with public and private producers, relevant government ministries and agencies, and other seed system stakeholders and represent MEDA when required.
- Prepare monthly plans and budget for the country.
- Proactively monitor burn rate.
- Ensure compliance with MEDA/donor procedures and policies.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection and analysis.
- Develop progress reports.
- Track performance against targets and course corrections where necessary.
- Document and share lessons learned
- A University degree in agribusiness, economics, marketing, or related field.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A Minimum of 5 years in enterprise/private sector development at a senior level in agricultural value chains involving private sector and farmer organizations.
- Understanding and appreciation of MEDA’s mission, vision, values, and business principles
- Has strong understanding and experience in seed system and value chain development
- Experience in offering a wide range of business development services (BDS) to MSMEs, farmers/farmer organizations to facilitate their growth.
- Market-oriented and strong entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills
- Has a reasonable understanding of seed system and value chain development
- Strong partnership and networking skills
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required. Knowledge of local languages is desirable
The deadline for applications is no later than 5:00 pm, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25th, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.