CLIENT: HQ Services
POSITION TITLE: Mechanical Technician
INTRODUCTION: The HQ Power project is a 70 MWe peat-fired power plant situated in Rwanda. The five-year agreement with Fortum covers the operation and maintenance (O&M) services of this new plant including technical services and IT tools needed for the operations. This operation is called HQ Services Ltd. The site area is one of the most remote areas in Rwanda, located close to the Burundian border. The commissioning of the plant is ongoing.
To be able to execute its contractual obligations effectively for a power plant project in Rwanda, HQ Services Ltd is seeking to employ a mechanical technician.
Fortum is a leading clean-energy company that provides its customers with electricity, heating, and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. We want to engage our customers and society to join the change for a cleaner world. Fortum’s share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.fortum.com
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out all mechanical maintenance
- Repairement of all equipment associated within the power plant and within the workshop
- Perform preventive, corrective, and special maintenance on mechanical systems, components, and structural facilities
- Troubleshoot, inspect and work on a variety of plant equipment.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out in compliance with the site’s health, safety, and environmental procedures and all legislative obligations.
- Responsible for work activities with contractors on site ensuring a safe and efficient working environment.
- Degree qualified apprentice served in a mechanical discipline is required
- A minimum of three years of experience in mechanical equipment is required
- Hands-on experience in power plant mechanical maintenance is preferred.
- Good knowledge of power plant equipment and technology, boiler, turbine, fuel handling and balance of plant preferred.
- Good knowledge of working with Safe System of Work and permit to work system.
- Good skills and experience to operate workshop machinery (lathe, milling machine, drilling machine, etc.)
- Knowledge of reading PIDs, general arrangement drawings and process diagrams and technical drawings.
- Must be able to fault-find and rectify problems on mechanical equipment
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply
The deadline for applications is no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.