Website ENGIE Energy Access
Client: ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
Job Title: Head of HR
Reports to: Country Director
About ENGIE Energy Access:
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions providers in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of integrating Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol, and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers, and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025. www.engie-energyaccess.com
The Head of HR within EEA Rwanda is an exciting role responsible for ensuring HR matters in a dynamic and quick growth stage. The role will work closely with Global teams and leaders to implement multiple HR strategies related to employee engagement, benefits administration, talent management, and employee relations. The Head of HR develops, implements, and aligns HR programs with business while supporting day-to-day team HR needs.
Talent Strategy and Systems Building:
- Talent Development. Support the execution of the EEA strategy to deliver professional development and growth opportunities across all EEA Rwanda employee types, including performance management strategy, learning and development programming, career pathing, succession planning for key leadership roles, and leadership coaching programming.
- Compensation and Benefits Strategy contribution and implementation.
- Benefits administration: Support Global Team to design and execute EEA’s benefits program and continuously support the iteration of our core offerings to ensure our package is attractive and inclusive.
- Compliance, Policies, and Processes. Ensure that our internal policies that support our people-forward approach are fully compliant with labor law in our areas of operation while building systems and processes to make all our HR functions nimble and efficient.
- Government Relations. Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with the relevant government bodies for workforce management.
- Employee Relations. Iterate and improve channels of communication for staff to escalate issues and ensure an incredible team experience for all employees
- Onboarding and Offboarding. Iterate and improve onboarding and offboarding experiences that set employees up for success as they join EEA, create a strong alumni community of former EEA Rwanda employees as they leave, and support managers to handle difficult global team exits where necessary while staying compliant with labor laws.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance management and Individual Development plans.
- Provide support in the review, analysis & submission of annual end-of-year appraisal statistics.
- Update policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicate and enforce organization values.
- Support in the communication and implementation of HR projects and deliverables for the area of coverage.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
Culture and team engagement
- Champion the EEA culture and ensure it is living, breathing, and constantly resonant with our exceptional and diverse team. To be measured by our annual team engagement survey and other pulse checks.
- Contribute to action planning and own the launch of targeted initiatives to support and increase employee engagement.
- Play the teammate role and support it generalization within the whole team.
- 8 years minimum work experience implementing and leading Talent or Human Resources teams and policies, preferably in a Rwandan context.
- In-depth understanding of employment law
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Outstanding planning and implementation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Ability and drive to work independently and to follow through on all tasks
- Solution-oriented, critical thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- French is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in HR systems and databases
Note: The deadline for applications is no later than 5:00 pm, May 26th, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.