Who we are:
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted toward the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Being the Operations contact person on the ground in Rwanda and responsible for the management of operations in Rwanda including the site and day-to-day manufacturing. Responsible for achieving the set targets for the site from start-up to routine operations as well as running continuous improvements linked to KPIs as indicated by global HQ. Ensure that both industry and global standards are applied along the value chain, from procurement to delivery of the product.
- Working in close partnership and alignment with the Global Project Lead on a daily basis.
- Joint set-up of the manufacturing location together with the Modular Manufacturing Global Project Lead to ensure smooth kick-off.
- Ensure onboarding of further local employees required to kick-off the commercial production in Rwanda together with local HR (e.g., support hiring process, evaluate local training capabilities).
- Ensure that all necessary processes are set up according to GMP and local regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership for the successful setup and operation of the manufacturing facility including delivering on all business objectives to achieve seamless integration and results.
- Work closely cross-functionally and globally amongst key teams to ensure state-of-the-art production.
- Ensure operations per the set schedule, and budget and in accordance with GMP and local regulations.
- Lead communications and ensure alignment with global and regional teams, vendors, suppliers, local authorities, and others.
- Lead and coordinate construction and/or equipment installation/validation activities. Responsible for reporting on all relevant matters.
- Ensures that all aspects of technical operations within the assigned facilities functions are in compliance with BNT policies and standards in the area of
- regulatory compliance, Quality Assurance, GMP, Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Protection.
- Drives the talent agenda: Leading people processes through recruitment, training, coaching, and performance to meet all operation requirements sustaining both global and local competitiveness and diversity. Supports a stable succession plan for Operations.
- Develops and implements organization-wide strategies based on the overall global objectives.
- Manages all site resource allocation, including assets efficiently.
- Is responsible for overall relationships with local Governmental bodies and key stakeholders.
University degree (MSc) in Chemical Engineering, Life Science: Biology, Biotechnology or
Biochemistry. A business degree or MBA is desirable.
Previous experience running a site preferred.
10 years of confirmed experience in the field of large-scale manufacturing (possibly technical development) of biopharmaceuticals at the senior management level.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- French desirable
- Strong leadership and cross-cultural experience.
- Strategical thinking and operational excellence.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in relation to working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- High degree of autonomy.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate effectively.
- Self-starter, ability to flex and change direction as business needs necessitate.
How to Apply:
Apply now and simply send us your application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter as well as your contact details by using our online form.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.