CLIENT: &Beyond Kigali Office
JOB TITLE: Financial Manager
REPORTS TO: East Africa Financial Director
&Beyond is built, almost entirely, on the strength of remarkable people who give passionately to their roles, work tirelessly, and have the guest experience at the core of their focus daily and care for the sustainability of our communities and environment. Every single ‘&Beyonder’ makes a huge difference to our success and our contribution to the world, regardless of their role or function. For this reason, we choose ‘&Beyonders’ very carefully – they are the strength and the future of this company.
- Balance sheet reconciliations & process monthly journals
- Monthly management account reporting for regional business units and variance analysis
- Quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and high-level forecasts
- Treasury management and cash flow forecasting
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Debtors age analysis and bad debt provision
- Revaluation and authorization of all bank reconciliations
- Review and approval of payment obligations (creditors)
- Maintain commercial focus through preparation & review of detailed budgets, forecasts, and input into management decisions
- Investigate and report variances and implement controls to reduce variances where relevant.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the responsibilities of subordinates to ensure they are performing in line with expectations, including regular lodge visits
- Manage External Audit and field queries with Audit Team
- Co-ordinate regional annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Completion and submission of relevant tax returns, including VAT, Income Tax, PAYE, and Withholding Tax
- Maintain procedures for custody and control of assets and records in order to ensure safekeeping
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal customers and provide assistance when problems may be encountered
- Monthly preparation of Rwanda payroll and reviewing regional payroll
- Securing relevant permits and park fees
AD HOC TASKS:
- Consider reviewing and supporting investment and commercial opportunities that arise from time to time
- Ad hoc projects as required from time to time
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and Qualified Chartered/Certified Accountant
- Must be proficient with MS Office Packages and be able to demonstrate superior MS Excel abilities
- Experience in Accpac or Tourplan a plus
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment
- East African Tax & Accounting experience an advantage
- International experience is a plus
- Luxury lodge and/or Touring finance experience an advantage
- Willing to travel from Kigali internationally or locally.
- Must be highly numerate in financial reporting, internal controls, taxation, relationships with key stakeholders, and problem-solving.
- Strong Commercial focus
- Able to prioritize and balance Commercial and technical financial requirements
- The ability to generate and maintain positive momentum and focus.
- Consistently maintaining a high productivity level whilst demonstrating drive, stamina, and the capacity to work hard.
- Maintains ethical and professional norms in all activities and includes a willingness to develop oneself further.
- Able to coach and facilitate the development of others’ knowledge and skills, providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals
- High emotional intelligence to be able to balance the highly driven work ethic that is in place coupled with a sense of ‘fun’ and enjoying work daily
- Hands-on, self-driven, and motivated
- Organized and results-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in dealing with and tolerant of diverse cultures, languages, and environments
- Highly numerate and accurate, with an eye for detail in numbers and analysis of financial results
- Highly ethical and integral with the ability to be principled when necessary
- Be open to and adapt to the very specific &Beyond culture of tolerance across the regions we operate
Note: The deadline for applications is no later than 5:00 pm, May 22nd, 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.