A. JOB IDENTIFICATION
Job Title : Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Unit : Risk Management
Group : Risk Management
B. ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Directly Reports to: Managing Director
C. JOB SUMMARY
▪ To monitor and coordinate the overall risk management in Access Bank (Rwanda) Plc
D. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
• Establish Risk Management framework in compliance with international risk management standards and principles
• Ensure risk profile is aligned to the return/profitability aspirations of the business
• Articulate overall Risk Management policy and strategy at enterprise level and for individual risk areas
• Communicate Risk Management policy and strategy to operating entities
• Establish infrastructure, systems and processes for identifying, managing, controlling and reporting risks across the business
• Define risk acceptance criteria and risk tolerance limits for each risk area at Management level
• Cascade risk acceptance criteria and tolerance limits across business entities
• Oversee Risk Management functions across all entities and ensure compliance with Access Bank Rwanda policy and direction
• Responsible for monitoring and management of risk profile in Access Bank (Rwanda) Plc
• Implement and monitor divisional budget as prepared and agreed in line with business needs/goals/requirements.
• Ensure compliance with policies, standards and regulations in reporting
• Provides visionary leadership and direction for the group/Division and guide their activities to ensure the achievement of their current to medium-term strategies
• Develop skills of and provide career development for direct reports
• Promote corporate core values and commitment to Access Bank Rwanda goals and objectives
• Perform other functions as assigned by the Managing Director.
2. Special and other Duties
Any other duties as may be assigned/deemed necessary
E. WORK GUIDE & REFERENCES
• Total Bank’s SOPs
• Credit Policy Guide
• Banking Regulations
• Regulatory bodies guidelines, directives
Minimum Education : A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
Formal Training : Banking Law/Regulations
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in Risk Management within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 8 must have been in the Banking Sector and 5 years must have been at a Senior Management level.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Knowledge and understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
▪ Strategic orientation, creativity & innovation
▪ Good policy development and management capabilities
▪ Financial Acumen
▪ Finance and Accounting
▪ Banking Industry Knowledge
▪ Financial Industry Knowledge
▪ Knowledge and understanding of Financial Regulations (Domestic & International)
▪ Knowledge and understanding of Credit Risk, Credit Administration
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, DECEMBER 14TH, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.