JOB TITLE: LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the telecommunications industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Legal Compliance and Risk Manager
Senior Legal Manager
Shall offer support in undertaking an organizational risk assessment, ensuring legal compliance, act as data privacy manager, and support in the management of vendors and general legal operational matters.
- Business development teams on transactional and commercial maintenance of statutory and compliance registers of the company
- Ensuring company compliance with legislative, regulatory, policy and procedures
- Overseeing and ensuring continuous review of governance documents (charters, policies) to ensure they are up to date and remain relevant.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and reporting as well as the co-ordination of legal risk and compliance activities.
- Review and recommend controls to be implemented by the company to inform, advise, and issue recommendations to the company with regards to data protection, privacy, and compliance.
- Regularly training stakeholders involved in data collection/processing.
- Maintaining compliance checklists and monitoring performance of compliance initiatives and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts.
- Conducting data privacy impact assessments at the initiation or review of any business process to ensure compliance with the data protection laws.
- Responding to data subjects to inform them about how their personal data is being used and what measures have been put in place by the company to protect their data.
- Proactively monitor proposed and actual statutory changes and provide legal guidance to ensure compliance.
- Supporting in managing contracts including negotiation, drafting, reviewing.
- To liaise with nominated contract managers within the various user departments to ensure that renewals and expiry dates are properly noted.
- Management of contractual disputes to ensure amicable resolution.
- Timely completion and submission of compliance returns and preparation and collation of reports.
- Enhancing organizational capacity through development of frequently asked question (FAQs); facilitating training; contribution of articles to the company’s newsletter/magazine.
- Generate reports to line manager and other departments on and not limited to compliance issues, contracts, and other commercial transactions.
- Where required support in vendor management through collation and review of performance SLAs.
- Undertaking due diligence as may be required.
- Assist in the management of regulatory and policy issues by representing the organization in industry associations and various stakeholder functions.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive/ self-starter
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines, getting things right the first time
- Analytical, problem-solver who can identify key issues quickly
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment
- High level of integrity
- Conflict management capabilities
- Ability to analyze data and formulate recommendations
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Relationship management competency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Accuracy oriented with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of relevant compliance legislations
- Expert knowledge of corporate and commercial law
- Well organized
- Leadership skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- LLB Degree or equivalent foreign qualification.
- Admitted lawyer with 5+ years of relevant experience in applying general commercial and corporate law.
- 5+ years of compliance/risk and/or telecommunications law experience.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.