JOB TITLE: BUYER-PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer-Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform operational procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Track and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Assist in crafting negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Performs cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Assesses, manages and mitigates risks
- Seeks and partners with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determines quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitors and forecasts upcoming levels of demand
- Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding purchasing procedures for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Reviews documents and data (e.g. incoming requisitions, past purchases, reconciliations, PO’s, inventories, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchasing process.
- Processes supplier’s invoices for payment, matching POs against invoices and Goods receipt notes.
- Reconciliation of open PO’s for the month
- Facilitating of month end reports in Oracle
- Assisting with drafting of Procurement minutes after tender review meeting
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Kenya, and shall also comply with our client’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live our client’s Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote our client’s overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Ability to develop good relationships with vendors, staff, and customers
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work under the highest level of ethical standards per our client’s Code of Conduct and strict adherence to the Anti-Bribery Policy
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout our client’s organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
- Strong IT skills in Excel, MS Word, as well as internet search skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills required and an ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner, both independently and collaboratively
EDUCATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years relevant working experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement or related field
- Diploma level qualification from Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Experience in working with Oracle ERP is an added advantage
Approximately 90% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 kilos.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.