JOB TITLE: MATRON
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Matron to work in Nairobi.
The matron shall act as the team leader in delivery of maternity/in-patient. Coordinates all staff and ensures all service delivery areas are appropriately staffed. Conduct normal deliveries and assess clients at all stages of delivery. Makes recommendations for cesarean section o Maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control measures as well as ensure theatre/in-patient supplies are adequate at all times and any shortages reported to the administrator to ensure smooth continuity of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the emergency tray is up to date and the daily checklist is duly filled and any replenishments done immediately.
- Ensure all patient records are duly filled in the electronic health record and necessary receipts issued.
- Mentor, coach and train the junior nurses, catering and housekeeping teams.
- Ensure a daily hand-over of ward/in-patient clients has taken place and the report is handed over to the admin on a daily basis
- Undertake root cause analysis of incidences and develop action plans, ensuring that this leads to change in practice
- Establish and maintain effective communication with clients, relatives and team members to contribute to the active resolution of potentially complex situations, complaints and issues
- Lead on the implementation of patient safety strategies as shall be recommended by the quality team
- Share best practices and drive improvements in patient care through regular review meetings and CMEs
- In conjunction with the consultant obstetrician/gynecologist, the Matron will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining excellent clinical standards within clinical teams.
- Assuming the role of admin in their absence
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members to fulfill their responsibilities
- Efficient and consideration. If complaints are raised, effectively manage and resolve them and promptly escalate to the admin
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya and possess a valid Practice License.
- At least 4 years of working experience as a nurse in a reputable hospital/medical facility. Management training will be an added advantage
- Practicing knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health an advantage
- Proven clinical experience and demonstrable commitment to learn and develop skills
- High regard for confidentiality and demonstrable integrity
- Excellent communicator – both written and spoken • Commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services.
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and management of clients
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.