JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER-MATERNITY COVER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Operations Manager-(Maternity Cover) for a period of Six (6)-Months-Fixed Term Contract to work in Nairobi.
The Operations Manager will support and coordinate operations. This person should be ready to go the extra mile and be hands-on in ensuring that all functions are always running smoothly, carry out finance and Human Resources functions and ensure productivity and performance. They should be willing to take on small administrative projects that don’t fall to any team.
Key duties will include but are not limited to the following.
- Work very closely with the East Africa Director and Head of operations by providing comprehensive support, coordination and communication at all levels.
- Assist with HR tasks including recruitment, contract management and staff training when necessary and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
- Manage and or oversee finance and administrative staff and provide support by implementing best practices across all teams. Ensure that the office operates smoothly
- Review operational policies and procedures as needed and ensure compliance
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the East Africa Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Including overseeing budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
Key activities during this period include but are not limited.
- Responsible for the oversight and finalization of the Hub Strategic Budgets and 2023 planning. They will liaise with the strategic objectives leads to confirm all costs are captured and consolidate this information into one document.
- Support the filing of Directors Return at the Registrar of companies with the support of company lawyers.
- Working with the Head of East Africa Operations ensures that all necessary documents are collated and shared with the bank to facilitate the addition of the Director as a bank signatory to the bank accounts.
- Support the Director in ensuring that all his statutory registration PIN, NHIF, NSSF is complete.
- Ensure they are tuned-in with any emerging compliance requirements with local laws and legislation that will require immediate implementation.
- Any other responsibilities s may be allocated.
- Be aware of and take personal responsibility for any health and safety issues and obligations.
- Uphold all aspects of company policies and procedures and legal requirements in relation to personal conduct.
- Prepare for and engage in one-to-one meetings and performance management appraisals.
- Maintain professional development and personal development plans.
- Be willing and committed to taking on new work as required and be proactive.
- Demonstrated years of experience working within a similar function
- At least 3 years of experience working in a managerial position in operations
- Experience working in Finance and HR in a Non-Profit organization
- Knowledge of working with ERP systems.
- Knowledge of program systems (particularly advantageous to have experience of Access Dimensions and Focal Point).
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A self-starter who can work independently when required and also collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances with ease and work proactively to address team needs.
- Confident in assessing issues from different perspectives and finding innovative solutions to address specific challenges.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- The high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including senior executives, staff, vendors, and clients
- Project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and completion of an accounting course
- High degree of integrity
- Investigative nature and persistent in obtaining and validating new information.
- Rigorous and conscientious, with a track record of ensuring a high level of accuracy and quality of outputs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.