JOB TITLE: PLASTIC PROCESSING ENGINEER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Plastic Processing Engineer reporting to the operations director to work in Nairobi Kenya.
The job holder will be in charge of the entire factory, setting injection and blow molding machines, hands-on engineering, installation, commissioning, technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, engineering and spares stores and supervising technical staff.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the operation and setting of blow, injection, extrusion, printing, labelling machines, automation systems and moulds for production, chillers, cooling towers, air systems (air compressors, air receivers and related components), power and lighting systems, generators, HT/LT power panels, HVAC system (Transformers)
- Ensure that all documentation and procedures are followed in line with ISO
- Advising on how to get good spares and services from different suppliers/distributors to ensure their availability to ensure minimum downtime on machinery, plant and equipment.
- Carrying out quality inspections on mold maintenance jobs.
- Prepare requirements and ensure availability of maintenance work spares, materials and personnel and maintain comprehensive records of stocks and maintenance carried out.
- Evaluating job cards and optimal resource utilisation, response time monitoring.
- Arranging third party contractors for jobs that cannot be handled in-house.
- Controlling maintenance stores, tools, spares stores and equipment.
- Foster a culture in which all company employees share common purpose and comply with applicable laws and our guiding principles.
- Comply with corporate standards and applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes goals and objectives for the maintenance department that are aligned with production and business goals.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained to meet production schedules and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, electrical power supply and control circuits.
- Program and troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Oversee the mould and other mechanical changes.
- Maintain machines in optimal processing condition.
- Plan and perform hydraulic checks and changes on valves, hoses and pumps.
- Plan and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all related equipment and robots.
- Solicit information and feedback from other departments toward repair and efficient operation of machines.
- Accountable for improving equipment availability and for the advancement of preventative and predictive maintenance programs as well as the achievement of plant reliability excellence.
- Accountable for efficient utilization of maintenance technicians and equipment and advancing the planning and scheduling processes.
- Initiates and drives improvements via training programs, capital projects, and other means available to continually focus on productivity and control of maintenance and capital spend.
- Analyse maintenance problems and devise and implement corrective action plans.
- Develop and maintain parts inventory system to ensure control and proper levels of spare parts.
- Evaluate employee’s performance to determine training needs and development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the employer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or plastics engineering and a professional Engineering
- At least 5 years in a managerial position will be an added advantage.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a high-output plastics manufacturing environment with in-depth knowledge of injection and blow setting, hydraulics and electrical equipment
CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Time Management.
- Root Cause Analysis, Safety Awareness and Intervention Problem Solving.
- Developing Structure and Direction Setting Performance Goals.
- Creating a Learning Environment Influencing, People Development.
- Managed Quality Improvement Build and Lead Teams.
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively assess situations and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to analyse the skills of team members and recognize their strengths and areas of development.
- Professionalism and dedication to excellence in customer care.
- Machine Downtime not more than 2hrs per week per machine. This includes scheduled downtime for maintenance, setups and unscheduled downtime and can include machine changeover.
- Maximise Overall Equipment Effectiveness ensuring Machine Efficiency at 85%minimum per day– Maximize this percentage so that employees are adding value the majority of the time they are clocked in and present.
- Unscheduled Down Time – Scheduled and predictive maintenance to times with low production minimizing impact on production. There are wireless sensors you can use
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.