JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Mechanical Engineer reporting to the operations director to work in Nairobi Kenya.
Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment, facilities and infrastructure. Responsible for planned maintenance creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works.
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation at the factory.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively.
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime.
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with proper shift management.
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems are undertaken.
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Manage systems and equipment data storage and maintain high levels of standards and accuracy.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from the factory
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions / action required for continuous improvement.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems that arise.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources where required.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors.
- Monitor/Supervise the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess the ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on the achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviour expected of them.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within the area of accountability Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
Financial and Budget Control
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Work towards reducing the maintenance cost.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in an Engineering discipline from a reputable institution of higher learning
- At least 3 years in a managerial position and 8 years in a technical position. Added advantage, if having worked in a plastic products manufacturing factory.
CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership and man management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate analytical thinking, result oriented and a good team player
- Machine Downtime not more than 2 hrs per week per machine. This includes scheduled downtime for maintenance, setups and unscheduled downtime and can include machine changeover.
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Overall Operations Effectiveness (OOE)
- Total Effective Equipment Performance (TEEP)
- Proper manpower management
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.