JOB TITLE: TREASURY ACCOUNTS OFFICER-TRANSPORT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the oil and gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Treasury Accounts Officer-Transport to work in Mombasa.
The Treasury Accountant is responsible for bank statements posting, petty cash transactions, payment processes and bank relationship management. The duties also include customers and vendors accounts reconciliation and cash register responsibility. The Treasury Accountant assesses, monitors, plans and manages the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the organization.
The Treasury Accountant position involves the responsibility to ensure that Company’s financial risk is managed within the parameters set out in the Treasury Policy in addition to reporting upon compliance to this policy. This role will develop, implement and maintain the treasury policy framework and its associated procedures. Key to executing these procedures will be the exhaustive utilization of the treasury management system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Manage all aspects of In-house investment portfolios.
- Direct, monitor and trade investment portfolios including Working capital, and other portfolios.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Determine the Company’s goals and risk tolerance.
- Determine the Company’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
- Assess risk/return trade-offs in guidelines.
- Assess performance benchmarks and recommend changes when warranted.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Prepare or monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modelling.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues.
- Conduct benchmark studies of banks and their services to evaluate whether they fit within the company’s requirements.
- Meet with cash management banks to plan cash management vs. company’s needs.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
- Manage, direct, and develop Cash Management staff.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
- Support and participate in company’s Strategic Plan activities.
- Additional duties as directed by the CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in oil and gas environment
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
- ACCA/CPA strongly preferred.
- MBA desired.
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.