JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the oil and gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Procurement Manager to work in Mombasa.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for securing supplies, materials, and services in a in an effective and timely manner to ensure to cover user requirements at the highest standards possible. The role holder is also responsible for suggesting possible areas for improvement in accordance to the best practices applicable in the field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Purchase Order and Requisition
- Review and process purchase orders and requisition submitted by the concerned departments for listed items and highlight exceptions, which includes checking the required specification and suggested supplier if any, to ensure accurate orders and delivery
- Maintain effective communication with respective project teams to ensure smooth and timely supply of required goods and material for new stores
- Maintain continuous and smooth collaboration with the Legal and Finance teams to ensure purchasing activities are carried out in a timely, accurate and consistent manner
- Facilitate effective communication between the vendors/service providers and our client’s Retail internal customers
- Follow-up on payments with respective parties
- Support our client’s Retail stakeholders in identifying their needs and defining the scope of work for the tenders and RFQs
- Manage the issuance of tenders and RFQs to the market in coordination with the relevant business users within our client’s Retail
- Ensure effective communication with vendors during pre-tender and post-tender processes to provide and obtain necessary clarifications
- Participate in selecting the best vendor to ensure cost effectiveness ensuring that full service is available at the best quality and least cost
- Manage and ensure that contracts pertaining to relevant assets are honored and that contractors/vendors/third party occupiers seek to fulfil commitments as per contract agreement and achieve agreed KPIs and SLAs
Database and Supplier/Vendor Management
- Follow-up with suppliers if delivery time, delivery amount, or any other discrepancy is in question
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers/vendors
- Keep updated list of blacklisted suppliers and rejected items from existing suppliers
- Analyse supplier performance, planning and gathering of cost effective and interesting products
Material and Services Delivery
- Supervise and follow-up with pending orders that have met or over run their original delivery date, keeping the users informed to ensure the timely delivery
- Manage receipt and inspection of materials in coordination with respective users to ensure compliance to quality and quantity
- Ensure the proper conservation, utilization and profitability of department assets
- Maintain a list of material purchased
- Track and maintain the standard list of assets in offices and stores
- Develop and maintain a master file to identify suppliers based on the requirements to expedite procurement process and to fulfil the needs with minimum time
Research and Innovation
- Actively seeks innovative and creative technological tools for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing operations
- Participate in e-procurement process preparation and implementation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, engineering or related field
- Master’s Degree in the same field is preferred
- CIPS Membership is a must
- Minimum 3 years in similar role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous experience in Procurement in the Oil & Gas industry
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.