JOB TITLE: CREDIT CONTROLLER/PAYABLES MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the oil and gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Credit Controller/Payables Manager to work in Mombasa.
A strong understanding of complex oil and gas accounts payable processes is needed. The person in this role is expected to demonstrate daily the appropriate analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below and generate quality results. Strong organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate to individuals at all levels of the organization are essential along with the ability to work as part of a team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the coding of billable account payables, payment processing and check register preparation for multiple clients.
- Manage and coach a team of AP professionals.
- Respond to client and vendor inquiries.
- Ensure clients’ accounting closing schedules are met.
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and report on variances.
- Work closely with Controllers and Auditors to ensure internal controls are followed and assist with internal and external audits.
- Develop process improvements and team/department efficiencies.
- Design and create desk procedures for the AP team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Conduct business following the highest ethical standards.
- Meet deadlines and be able to work in a dynamic environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience working as an accounts payable supervisor who managed the full cycle AP processes, guiding AP personnel, managing vendor/supplier relations and overseeing the timely, accurate processing of invoices and POs
- Expertise in performing month-end close duties including accruals, prepaids, journal entries and aging reports
- Experience with data capture and/or document management systems
- Relevant Professional courses CPA/ACCA are an added advantage
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, ERP will be an asset.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail.
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.