JOB TITLE: TRUCK INSPECTOR
The major role of the truck inspector is to carry out the SAFE TO LOAD truck inspection process in order to ensure that any truck loading from our client’s operated depot complies with required Local regulation and our client’s standards / good practices in regards to Transport HSE. In the process they will engage the various stake holders mainly truck drivers and transport officers in an effort to enhance safety in the transportation of petroleum products within the company.
ROLES AND DUTIES:
- Carry out truck and tanker SAFE TO LOAD inspection against Rubis Energy checklists for the different categories of goods loaded and transported. These checks lists are for white oil trucks, black oil trucks, LPG bulk trucks, LPG cylinder trucks, lubricant trucks.
- Raise defects reports for all defects noted during the safe to load inspection process and following up with the transporter for closure of the same within the agreed / allowed period.
- Induct the truck drivers on:
- General Depot Health and Safety rules & policies
- Emergency Response Plan of the Depot
- Loading / offloading processes at the depot.
- Delivery process (our client’s white oil driver)
- Generate and Maintain key data of transporters performance in line with KPIs related to transport inspections activity.
- Collect and report all incidents brought to their attention by the transporters on our client’s centralized HSE incident reporting system and following up for closure.
- Participate in training of relevant stakeholders on our client’s procedures and specifications that improve on to safety standards of transport and offloading practices.
- Understand our client’s Kenya vehicle specifications and ensure they are reflected on all transport operations and equipment’s as they enforce the SAFE TO LOAD inspection.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in any automotive/ petroleum engineering
- 6Months experience
- Computer literate
- Mechanical automotive knowledge (“knows what is a truck”)
- Knowledge of industry standards, HSSE legal requirements
- Good communication skills and resilience skills (be able to enforce the rules even under driver or transporter pressure)
- Technical course Diploma
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.