The role is responsible for not only operating machine tools, but also the knowledge of tooling and materials required to create set ups on machine tools including but not limited to milling machines, grinders, lathes, and drilling machines.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Determine and program size of batches and speed of machine
- Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma/Certificate in mechanical engineering
- 5 years’ experience in a busy engineering workshop
- Proactive team player
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Hands-on experience using lathe and milling machine.
Application procedure: Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.