About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
We are looking to recruit and engage a Production Engineer – operations, who shall be responsible for the coordination of all operations at our client site. The core operational functions of the Production Engineer is to define an optimized crewing plan and assure Quality, Timely Service Delivery, Safety, Optimal Costs and Proper Controls.
- Lead a technical team in providing maintenance support for a client FMCG manufacturing plant. This include mechanical support, electrical support, workshop/fabrication support, forklift maintenance, boiler and compressor operation and maintenance, ETP operation and maintenance, fire suppression and water supply systems.
- Duties include but not limited to;
- Planning and undertaking scheduled inspections and maintenance
- Promptly responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults before equipment failure
- Promptly repairing equipment
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures, fittings or materials
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining al departmental records
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Managing stocks of supplies and equipment.
At least five years’ experience in a busy FMCG manufacturing plant in a senior supervisory or managerial role, involved in installation, operation, repair and maintenance of industrial equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering and be registered with engineers board of Kenya.
- Project scoping, designing and costing
- Proficient in use of engineering design software(Autodesk AUTOCAD and Autodesk Inventor)
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum or no supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and Problem-solving skills
- Good planning and priority setting skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.