JOB TITLE: HR MANAGER
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced HR Manager to work in Nairobi-Kenya.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading the HR team, strategy, designing compensation, benefit, and development programs, and implementing company policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop review and implement policies, procedures and practices that support attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Ensure staff recruitment for regular and term contracts.
- Develop and ensure proper induction of all new staff as per the Company’s standards.
- Review and optimise employee’s job description on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain an effective Human Resources Information System.
- Facilitate and participate in annual and periodic staff performance appraisals at all levels of Company employees and review their Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) from time to time to ensure optimisation of their performance.
- Prepare HR Departmental budget proposal and implementation of the budget approved by the Board of Directors of the company.
- Prepare annual staff remuneration budget and retention programs proposal in line with company strategy.
- Ensure PPEs are available to all employees of the company and are maintained in good condition.
- Prepare and implement annual staff training program
- Prepare and process payroll for regular and term contracted employees including computation of statutory deductions.
- Plan, manage, control and process authorised annual leaves, or absence in respect of maternity, sick leaves.
- Develop and administer the company medical scheme in accordance with the company regulations.
- Monitor the staff discipline and implement in liaison with the other departments, all the corrective action process necessary, develop the company disciplinary committee to address disciplinary issues.
- Stimulate sound industrial relations and speedy resolution of individual and collective grievances.
- Manage the workman compensation scheme with company lawyers and insurance company as well as work accidents within the requirement of the laws of Kenya and their Insurance Company.
- Develop systems to minimise risk of accident within the organisation and organise regular training for firefighting, first aid among others.
- Ensure company compliance with all statutory licenses and registrations.
- Supervise and coordinate staff welfare functions.
- Prepare and facilitate internal and external audits and ensure compliance with national standards that the company subscribes to.
- Optimise the cost for stationary purchase of the department and the use of copy machine of the company.
- Ensure adequate filing of all documents and files and manage department dead archives to protect the interest of the company.
- Coordinate and ensure proper utilisation of company vehicles including preventive maintenance, service, and repairs.
- Maintain a high profile of health, safety and environment program and coordinate first aid, fire, and safety trainings accordingly.
- Control and minimize communication costs of the company including telephone among others.
- Ensure P9, and all other statutory deductions reports are processed in time and properly.
- Prepare within the set deadlines the necessary information, reports and statistics to HBU/CEO. (Weekly report, monthly report, Board Meeting report)
- Carry out any other duties at the request of the HBU / CEO as may be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business-related course.
- 8+ years of HR experience with 3 years in Management level.
- Full member of IHRM required
- HR practicing certificate
- Excellent strategic & people management skills
- International Relations experience required
- Knowledge of employment laws required
- Employee Relations experience required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills required
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to interact with Senior Management
- A high level of integrity required
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.