The Tailor/Staff shop attendant is responsible for discussing design, alteration, or repair requirements with customers to ensure that their specifications are met.
- Accurately recording customers’ measurements, instructions, and preferences.
- Attaching labels to customers’ garments to prevent any errors
- Modifying garments according to customer instructions, which includes tapering pant legs, lining sheer garments, removing pockets, and adding padding
- Altering garments to improve comfort and fit, which includes shortening sleeves or straps, narrowing lapels, as well as taking in or letting out seams.
- Repairing customers’ garments, which includes patching or sewing tears and holes.
- Constructing garments for customers based on their design ideas, specifications, and preferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The minimum qualification is an artisan certificate in an institution recognized by National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Certificate in tailoring/Fashion design
- With at least five years of experience in the specific trade preferably in a manufacturing setup
- Proven experience working as a Tailor
- Sound knowledge of fabrics as well as clothing design and construction.
- The ability to use a sewing machine
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Outstanding sewing skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.