Under general supervision, the carpenter performs skilled maintenance carpentry work in the repair, alteration and maintenance of plant buildings and facilities and performs related work as required.
- Repair or alter buildings, wood and steel frame, brick, block wall, cast concrete structures and other structures from plans, sketches or instructions.
- Repair floors, walls, ceilings, screens, sashes, doors, furniture, fixtures, and stairs, finish drywall of limited size and cupboards and roofs.
- Responsible to remove broken windows and install new glass and/or windows.
- Build (where feasible) and install cabinets, furniture, partitions and other fixtures.
- Adjust, repair or replace locks, weather stripping, screens, mirrors, brackets, blinds, linoleum, tile, gutters and downspouts.
- Operate power equipment such as saws, jointers, lathes, sanders, planers, boring and mortising machines; clean, sharpen, maintain and repair such equipment
- Clean, sharpen, maintain and repair hand tools.
- May lead and instruct helpers as required.
- May perform work in other trades.
- Perform related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The minimum qualification is an artisan certificate in an institution recognized by National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- With at least five years of experience in the specific trade preferably in a manufacturing setup
- Proven experience working as a Carpenter
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.