Reporting to the Project Manager the Field Technical Officer will carry out the following activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Farmer selection/ recruitment based on set criteria
- Ensure all required farmer documents are available and correct
- Validate all information provided by the farmers at all stages
- Farmer training on good agricultural practices
- Ensure proper use of all inputs provided to the farmers
- Ensure all farmer activities are carried out within legal and environmental requirements
- Crop monitoring and reporting to management
- Provide management with accurate yield/volume estimate for each farmer
- Ensure contracted farmers deliver the contracted volume
- Farmer data collection and uploading on farmer management platform
- Lead on innovations to improve farmer performance
- Ensure safety and proper use of all working tools provided by client and employer
- Ensure own safety and immediately report all unsafe acts or conditions to the management
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum diploma in agronomy or related field
- 3 years’ experience in managing agronomy extension services
- Valid driving license for motorcycle from a valid driving School class A2 or FG
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.