Reporting to the Shift Supervisor the Folklift operator will operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas.
Roles and responsibilities
- Obtains copy of production schedule or work order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the factory
- Loading and unloading goods
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School certificate
- Atleast 3 years experience as a forklift driver
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- Clean driving record and a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSK-QSS-FLO – Folk Lift Operator”
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.