The Health Safety Officer is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee work place safety in different locations. The main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager day-to-day management of Safety & Environmental function in the company.
- Implement health, safety and environmental strategy, policy and objectives in line with company’s corporate goals and the statutory requirements;
- Plan and implement awareness and training programmes for health safety & environmental e.g. fire drills, first aid, safety driving and management for committees, staff and stakeholders
- Coordinate Health & Safety Committees facility activities in conjunction with committee officials
- Prepare and submit periodical safety performance management reports as guided
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Periodically participate in review of policies, procedures and guideline to ensure alignment with Enterprise Risk Management on Safety & Environmental management
- Coordinate health & safety induction of new employees (in conjunction with HRD) and brief/awareness for contractors as necessary.
- Conduct periodical work place health & safety inspection on facilities to ascertain compliance
- Conduct health and safety risk assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Safety Officer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures.
- Good knowledge and experience in QMS systems.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- 3 years of experience in producing management quality reports
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in safety management or similar field
- Certificate in occupational health and safety is an added advantage
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.