JOB TITLE: BOILER OPERATOR
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Boiler Operator to work in Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling and carrying out regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to repair the problem
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed
- Supervise team of assistant operators and mechanics by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws, regulations and policies in order to ensure full compliance at all times
- Create and maintain properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for improvements/upgrades
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- AT least Diploma in mechanical engineering field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with complex steam, water & compressed air systems in a busy manufacturing setting
- Knowledge/experience in operation/maintenance of effluent treatment plant is an added advantage
- Advanced Boiler operator Certification from NITA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly safety-conscious
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.