JOB TITLE: RAP IMPLEMENTATION REGIONAL LEAD
- The RAP Implementation Regional Lead will oversee and coordinate regional resettlement implementation and monitoring activities for physically and economically impacted stakeholders in a specific region. This includes activities undertaken by the Resettlement Implementation Contractor/s, coordinating land and resettlement implementation related engagement with local government representatives and other relevant stakeholder groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing key RAP Implementation activities in a specific region focusing on the preparation for and implementation of entitlement briefings, compensation agreement signing and payment of compensation including:
- Having complete understanding of the regional RAP and entitlement briefing and compensation agreement signing strategy and ensuring implementation complies with the requirements therein
- With Head of RAP Implementation, responsible for RAP Implementation governance and coordination across the region
- Preparation of the plan for entitlement briefing and agreement signing process for PAPs across the region
- Recruitment, if necessary, of national team members of the Regional RAP team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Social Anthropology, Sociology, environmental science or related discipline required
- Minimum 15-20 years working professionally with proven extractive industry experience required. Experience in East Africa would be preferable
- Experience of investor financed projects compliant with the International Performance Standards on involuntary resettlement and livelihood restoration
- 10 years’ experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Land Acquisition and Involuntary Resettlement programs,
- 10 years’ experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Stakeholder engagement related to resettlement
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the email below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.