JOB TITLE: REGIONAL UNDERWRITING MANAGER – SURETY BONDS
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Commercial industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Regional Underwriting Manager
Overseeing the Surety Bonds portfolio across East Africa to be aligned with the risk appetite of the company and the respective business development strategies.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Responsible for the review of new and renewal Surety Bonds contracts in accordance with the Group’s risk appetite, policies, and guidelines.
- Rationalise and approve the issuance of Surety Bonds within the limit of authority for this position.
- Perform detailed analysis on financial statements, legal documents and other pertinent information about customers applying for insurance.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports for submission to senior management, with a particular emphasis on the assessment of key risk indicators and emerging risks in relation to Surety Bonds
- Work with regional MDs / CEOs to establish a second line of defense framework through this position in respect of the underwriting of Surety Bonds.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key partners to maintain a strong position in the Surety Bonds marketplace.
- Assist frontliners and underwriters (across East Africa) to address queries and concerns from MUA agents, Brokers and other external parties.
- Lead and implement operating processes and tools to efficiently manage the department.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Management, Finance, or related field.
- ACII or other Insurance Related Professional Qualification
- More than 7 years of experience in (re)insurance
- Ability to respond effectively to unexpected or changing circumstances.
- Proficiency in world language (desirable) in addition to written and spoken fluency in English and French.
- Analytical, with the ability to effectively manage budgets.
- Ability to build commitment by convincing others over a particular point of view.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and coach a team
The company reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for the selection exercises.
Applications received after the closing date might not be considered.
The company also reserves the right not to proceed with the vacancies.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.