JOB TITLE: IMPORTS MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Imports Manager to work in Nairobi.
The Imports Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining a process that guarantees the timely delivery of all goods to the stores by ensuring that all internal processes, as well as local rules and regulations for import/export of goods, are followed. A facilitator between Logistics and Operations to utilize synergies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and maintain the import operations procedures for the company.
- Ensures that KPIs provided by logistics service providers, with performance review meetings, meet the targets defined.
- Guarantee the logistics operation capacity is in equation with the current and forecasted volumes in relation with the Merchandise needs or stores expansion.
- Ensure proper reporting and documentation for all import operations procedures.
- Ensure the proper respect of the security and hygiene procedures of the goods until the stores to avoid losses.
- Secure the application of the logistics plan and ensure its consistency with the national plan.
- Propose and manage the application of investments or projects that reinforce the notion of Discount, productivity, and profitability to reduce costs.
- Participate with the management team in the logistics strategic plan and guarantee its proper execution
- Facilitates synergy between logistics management and operational management.
- Ensure all stores orders are well executed by DC and are delivered on time to stores with the lowest cost.
- Participate in the supplier sourcing by ensuring suppliers are well aware of import guidelines and rules to respect.
- Carry out the registration and label approval of the import and private Label Goods.
- Propose solutions to the merchandise team to import and export products
- Ensure the correct application of scope of applications by logistics service providers
- Follow-up of the clearance process to ensure the release of the goods in the fastest manner.
- Ensure synergy of tools, process and provide support to all countries in import process and rules.
- Calculate the landed costs, control their correct application, follow their consistency with the actuals and inform the merchandise team
- Benchmark logistics and freight forwarders and propose alternative
- Ensure that contacts with logistics providers are in line with the current business practices, propose modifications to improve the quality of services
- Control the import and logistics waste and propose actions to reduce it
- Respect the local regulations in import and export activities and anticipate their evolution
- Maintain the ordering to delivery calendar updates for all promotions major events.
- Respect the procedures in accordance with the DOA
- Guarantee the correct invoicing by logistics providers
- Communicate to external parties the loss claims and follow up their compensation till payment by third parties
- Propose solutions to reduce landed costs with the same quality of services
- Propose measures to reduce insurance risks for the company
- Guarantee the information provided to Finance is accurate and given on time
- Control that store claims are treated and answered to the stores
- Set appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary
- Propose and take necessary measures towards the continuous reduction of distribution costs
- Propose the yearly department budget and ensures the respect of the approved budget
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Be a role model, ensure the application of our client corporate policies, and guarantee the implementation of all laws, regulations, and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected.
- Practices the company values and guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team i.e
- Setting particular objectives for the direct reports – once a year – which are in line with the company and department targets.
- Carrying out performance analysis with regular feedback to direct reports and ensuring that this is further deployed within the team
- Identify employees with high potential, growth and proposes further development
- Identify and recommend training needs for the team and follow up on the implementation(TNA)
- Develop and implement job – training for the team
- Promotes and practices communication and participatory management within the team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or equivalent
- 8+years professional experience
- 5+ years in Retail within a Supply Chain discipline
- Thorough understanding of key trends and value drivers of the business, and consistent prioritization of focus and efforts
- A role model who is able to coach others on making decisions effectively based on facts, context, and risks
- Ability to develops a clear road map to achieve strategic objectives and actively support team to ensure delivery
- Ability to support and enable rapid, careful, and structured evaluation of new ideas.
- Ability to empower others to take ownership and accountability through effective delegation and support.
- A person who can act with urgency by proactively involving themselves and others.
- Ability to build a culture of customer focus, driving consistent efforts to “go above and beyond” customers’ expectations.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.