JOB TITLE: CATEGORY MANAGER-LIGHT HOUSEHOLD
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Category-Light Household to work in Nairobi.
- The role is responsible and accountable for managing and monitoring Light Household products within their specific category. In addition, the role holder must monitor and record conversion rates, click-through rates, number of views, and search but not purchased. Finally, the Category Manager is responsible for analyzing data within their respective category and providing input and insights to support business decisions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage respective categories in both top line and bottom line through the quality assortment, price, and content.
- Maintain main KPIs in the respective category, which include conversion rates, click-through rate, number of views, and search but not purchased.
- Support Category Lead during the process of negotiation to ensure best prices, deals, and a large number of goods within a specific category.
- Identify suitable opportunities for respective categories through selection, profitability, and sales trends-based customer needs.
- Analyze daily data pertaining to price fluctuations and price problems for specific categories.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders of partnered vendors to grow and optimize the joint retail and import businesses within the scope of the specific category.
- Work to ensure a reliable, operational cost-effective flow of goods, from ordering to receiving.
- Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as vendor import share, out of stock rate, vendor operational metrics, and marketing investments.
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow our client’s Retail’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in E-Commerce or Business Administration
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience across product innovation, with channel E-Commerce experience.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork skills and people agility with a high level of collaboration.
- High level of problem-solving skills and detailed oriented.
- Solid analytical skills, trouble-shooting skills; planning, and organizational skills
- Operational agility and nimbleness to adapt to changing retail environment
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office, SAP, Salesforce, advanced Excel skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.