JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Communications Manager to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Country Marketing & Communications Manager, the Communications Manager is responsible for the positioning, promotion and protection of the brand and reputation of our client’s Retail in relevant market. The role holder will also be responsible for our client’s consumer communications and Retail internal and external communications in assigned country The role is accountable for providing strategic counsel and guidance to VP Marketing, Country Manager and Chief Operating Officer to ensure all our client’s sites and corporate communication engagements are in-line with the client’s communications strategy, objectives, policies and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategic Development & Planning
- Develop our client’s brand communication strategy and plans for local country operations– while ensuring the alignment from key leaders and internal clients. Oversees execution of the plans, evaluates their success and report results.
- Ensure adherence of our client’s Retail in the assigned Country communication plans with the communications strategy, plan, guidelines, policies & processes of our client.
- Ensure communications plans are mapped against business and brand objectives and needs, our client’s core narratives and cater to all relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and maintaining communications content and collateral e.g. narrative, messages, profiles, fact sheets etc.
- Conduct our client’s consumer communications in assigned Country across all channels through a multi-platform and multi-stakeholder integrated model
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with top tier local and regional media and influencers
- Ensure all the country’s external engagements are channeled through the function and aligned with policies.
- Manage spokespeople’s media and public speaking engagements to articulate the brand and company’s market and thought leadership and position favourably
- Generate and disseminate content in written and multimedia formats accordingly to company policies and standards
- Generate compelling story-telling content to promote the brand and business among stakeholders across the core narratives of the company, including leading sustainability engagements and communications.
- Handle issues and crisis situations in alignment with Retail and Holding Corporate Communications directives in a timely manner
- Leverage metrics and analysis tools to measure results, traction and effectiveness of communications activities
- Formulate and execute all country-wide internal communication plans and engagements
- Support in company-wide and group-wide change communications
- Work closely with Human Capital team to cascade communications on strategic initiatives
- Executing internal communications activities across suite of channels and platforms where appropriate
- Update colleagues internally with all key external public engagements and campaigns
- Support Country Manager and Chief Operating Officer with employee communications activities
- Ensure regular alignment with Holding Corporate Communications
Social Media & Digital Alignment
- Leverage social media and digital platforms, to develop story telling content digital assets for mobile first end users
- Engage new and existing audiences in ways that ultimately drives awareness, engagement, acquisition and retention of customers through branded content, story-telling and content syndication
- Leverage analytics to optimize content strategy for effectiveness and align with business and brand objectives
- Develop and amplify brands voice and visual presentation on social media platforms, maintain strong visual personality
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of our client’s Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Communication, Public Relations of Marketing
- 10+ Years relevant experience in communications (public relations, social media, thought leadership, internal communications, issue and crisis management)
- Relevant experience working with consumer / multinational companies
- Communications agency and media journalism experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Good communication skills to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment with focus on impact and an ability to work effectively and succeed in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans aligned with business and brand needs and goals
- Understanding social and digital media communication principles
- Ability to take on new and creative ideas/concepts and carry them through to their conclusion.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.