JOB TITLE: FOOD & SAFETY OFFICER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Role Description
Reporting directly to the Country Director or CEO. The Food Safety Officers will work in conjunction with the Production Director and Group Executive Chef, Logistics, and other departments to ensure food safety while ingredients and products are in the organization’s control.
The Food Safety Officer’s mission will be to put in place and actively maintain the
organization’s systems and documentation to ensure food safety, to sensitize and train
staff on food safety standards and regulations, to lead food safety meetings.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and keep up to date all necessary documentation with regards to food safety, the HACCP system, and other food safety standards (ISO 22000, Halal certification, BRC, IFS)
- Review all Critical Control Point (CCP) monitoring and verification records to ensure compliance with HACCP critical limits and frequencies, as required by the HACCP plan.
- Monitor HACCP and PRPs to ensure procedures are properly carried out.
- Review and evaluate all records for accuracy and completeness and determine the need for process improvement.
- Develop and implement training plans for HACCP and all food safety standards of the company
- Ensure identification, labeling, and traceability system functions as planned.
- Conduct Food Safety team meetings and required HACCP review.
- Analyze processes, identify trends and anomalies, and continuously evaluate plant programs for improvement.
- Ensure all food safety-related documents and records are controlled.
- Stay abreast of food safety laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Skills required.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in food science, biology, nutrition, or a related field is a must, as well as a minimum of 8 years of experience in food operations/food safety.
- Successfully helped other organizations obtain Haccp and FSC22000 and halal certifications
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver food safety training and workshops.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Must be able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues, and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, and experience.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel specifically)
- Impeccable personal hygiene is a must.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.