JOB TITLE: WELDER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
We are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Welder to work in Nakasero- Uganda.
The main job of a pipeline welder is to install/assemble pipeline components to form a network by using approved welding procedures. The pipe welders will work on-site in cramped conditions.
Key Functions/Key expected results
- Inspect materials, maintain tools, perform pre-welding preparations, and weld components according to specifications and diligently following safety regulations.
- Assemble, install and repair pipeline weld according to WPS.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth, and functional.
- Observe safety regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- AWS certification.
- GTAW+SMAW-5G/6G & All Position
- Working knowledge of AWS, API, ANSI, and ASME codes and standards.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as pipeline welder and a minimum of three years’ experience in oil & gas pipeline projects.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to interpret schematics.
- Good communication skills.
- Physical dexterity
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.