About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Shipping line Supervisor.
Oversees daily operations in the shipping department of a warehouse. Tracking items, handling distribution and product delivery analytics, monitoring loading and unloading, and ensuring that product inventory levels keep up with orders. Also overseeing the shipping and receiving departments of the company and ensuring proper shipping and timely delivery of products.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Ensure every shipment arrives on time and within budget.
- Monitor and oversee outgoing and incoming shipping activities to verify items are shipping to the correct location and in good condition.
- Making sure weights are correctly posted, that correct charges are applied, and that shipments are moved from shipping points to storage areas, and also resolve issues with shipping orders.
- He/She will be responsible for inspecting every aspect of the loading operations to make sure they follow warehouse and shipping specifications and to ensure proper use of warehouse space.
- The shipping line supervisor will read all shipping notices, orders, invoices, and other documents to manage priorities and ensure that the correct shipping methods are used. Also make sure shipping records are accurately stored in the database.
- In the warehouse, the shipping line supervisor will conduct regular inventory reconciliation to ensure adequate supplies to meet the company’s production goals.
- Report to management on damaged goods and any discrepancies with inventory.
- Oversees and supervises warehouse employees and drivers to make sure all items are prepared, shipped, and received on time while complying with company policy.
- Act as a liaison between workers and management and report on shipping activities and issues.
- Safety and cleanliness are an essential part of a shipping operation, shipping line supervisor’s responsibility to be aware and enforce these safety regulations.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- A minimum of 3 Years of experience in a transportation, warehouse or distribution environment preferred, oil and gas industry an added advantage
- Knowledge of warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems preferred
- Requires Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business or relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Forklift license/certification and able to assist in loading/unloading trucks added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with full command of MS Office (Word, Access, Excel & PowerPoint)
- 3 Year relevant Supervisory experience or exceptional leadership traits
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.